Atheists Don’t Have a Prayer in Congress (or do they?)
We are 6 months into 2016. It’s time to take a status update. Tune in today and see whether YOU are on track in the most important areas of your life.
Today’s program features a discussion on the Brexit vote. Vince talks about what the vote means, and what it doesn’t mean. He also explores procedural and legal challenges, the various ideologies and organizations that supported the “leave” vote and their connection to Trump’s supporters, and what the Brexit vote means for Left political movements around the globe. Most importantly, Vince suggests that the Left shouldn’t tear itself apart over the Brexit results. There is plenty of room for disagreement and solidarity. It would be wise to recognize that both sides have legitimate concerns and suggestions. Political, economic and media elites want to divide progressives. It’s up to us to reject this false narrative and provide alternatives to both nation-state capitalism and neoliberal-EU capitalism.
He continues to make speeches and statements attesting the viability of the “political revolution” he ignited with his presidential bid and vows to bring it to fruition at next month’s nominating convention in Philadelphia (and beyond?), but the Independent senator from Vermont is feeling the Clinton/Democratic Party burn. Big time.
He’s already announced he’ll “vote for Hillary” in November in the interest of “party unity,” but Sanders still has not definitively declared what he will do with the 13-million-plus votes he won—except that “the people” should take things from here.
Leid Stories pointed out early the troubling similarities between Sanders’ and other “progressive” Democrats’ false-flag presidential campaigns that looked and sounded like popular movements but served only to bolster the political fortunes of Democratic Party’s power elite.
Gary gives you the latest in Health and Nutrition. Gary then discusses the latest news going on in the world.
This is Black Agenda Radio, the radio magazine that brings you news, commentary and analysis from a Black Left perspective. Your hosts are Glen Ford and Nellie Bailey, here they are with a weekly hour of African American political thought and action.
– The Great Britain will begin the process of leaving the European Union, after an historic referendum, last week. Capitalists all over the planet are upset. We spoke with Dr. Anthony Monteiro, the Duboisian scholar with the Black Radical Organizing Committee, and asked: “Why are rich people on both sides of the Atlantic so worried about BREXIT.
– In what looked like well-organized political theater, 51 diplomats in the U.S. State Department acted more like employees of the Pentagon, this month. They sent an orchestrated message through the departments complaint channels, calling on the U.S. to launch a bombing campaign against the government of Syria. Meanwhile, U.S. war planes came to the defense of al Qaida terrorists who are under attack by Russian air forces. Sara Flounders, of UNAC, the United National Anti-War Coalition, says the State Department letter-signers are risking war with Russia to save U.S.-backed jihadists in Syria.
– The prosecution against the cops involved in the killing of Freddie Gray, in Baltimore, is batting zero. A judge last week acquitted a police officer of depraved heart murder charges in Grays death. Carl Dix, of the Stop Mass Incarceration Network, spoke to us outside the courtroom.
– Bernie Sanders has conceded that he won’t be the Democratic presidential candidate – and, lots of his supporters are in mourning. But Mumia Abu Jamal, the nation’s best-known political prisoner, says activists must look “Beyond Bernie.”
– Some temporary employment agencies exclude Black job applicants. Instead, they send Latino workers to fill jobs for their clients. Alva Ayala is an attorney for the Workers Law Office, in Chicago. His firm has sued six temporary employment agencies and many of their clients for refusing to hire Blacks. Ayala says temp agencies do the employers’ dirty work, providing companies with the most insecure and easily exploitable workers.
Visit the BlackAgendaReport.com, where you’ll find a new and provocative issue, each Wednesday.
The June 26th edition of Warrior Connection was a discussion about the Vietnam Wall, coming home, surviving, and thriving. The moving “wall” was just at Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve – Mahomet, Illinois. We all, Ray and I and Denise lost our “brothers” and much more but we can thrive.
After I helped erect the wall I went to look for one of my aircrew brothers Robert Lynn and as I touched the wall the “little sister” of Thomas Bennett , who was also there to help erect the wall, spoke up to me. Tom and Bob flew together and got shot down one day apart. We both reached some closure.
Ray’s brothers who were kids are: William Bushey, Steven Rickerson, James Sickles and Donald Liebl. In the photo I just took with my image reflected back.
God’s work once more. “WALL MAGIC”
Vivian Stockman is project coordinator for the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition (OVEC), which is based in Huntington, West Virginia. Stockmans photos of mountaintop removal and the movement to stop this extreme coal-mining practice have been published in newspapers, magazines, books, and documentaries and on websites. Publications credits include the New York Times, the Washington Monthly, Orion Magazine, World Watch Magazine, E Magazine, French Geo and dozens more. She has assisted with, consulted for and been filmed for several documentaries including Time to Choose, The Last Mountain, Burning the Future, Goodbye Gauley Mountain and others.
Blood & Guts with Meria Heller and Jack Blood.
On today’s show they discuss:
The Supreme Court’s latest attack on our 4th Amendment rights
Two sets of laws in this country
Payoffs-extortions by “law”
Decentralize and repeal
The “election” game changer worldwide
Hillary chosen years ago, stolen elections
Global Corp and their end game
The Orlando shooting and foreknowledge
The Paris shooting
Why clubs for the young?
Omar Mateen’s connections to the FBI and mercenary group
FBI stings – World Trade Center 1993
False flag/staged event
Prior knowledge, stand down, cover up, who benefits?
The other attacker from Virginia and the CI
Weather warfare? “Owning the Weather”
Venezuela and South America
Updates on victories (1) over US sugar industry and (2) in reducing Sweden’s 40-hour workweek to 30 hours with no pay cut. Major analyses of jobs moving south, legal fight over tax exemption for religions, corporate bailouts in Michigan, excess Corp borrowing, and capitalist technology serving profits not people.