On today’s Heart Of Mind Radio, Host Kathryn Davis will speak to Princess Maria Amor, international Humanitarian and founder and president of We Care for Humanity and Donna Stein, representative for Friends of Clearwater regarding the upcoming Water Festival to take place on Sunday August 23rd.
Also mentioned are two important events taking place this weekend: ECOFEST! on Sunday August 16th and Kathryn’s Qigong Class in Prospect Park on Saturday August 15th. (More information on these events below)
Princess Dato’Seri Maria Amor DK1, Princess of the Royal House of Balai, is an International Humanitarian Icon, founder and president of We Care for Humanity, an international Non-profit organization and creator and chairman of the G.O.D. Awards held at the United Nations.
She is also the recipient of DARJAH KERABAT- a royal award given to royalty and dignitaries, A Seasoned Diplomat, Peace Advocate, Television Host, Marketing Mogul, Entrepreneur, Producer, Paint-Artist, Fashion Designer, Event Coordinator and Endorser.
Producer/Host- The Traveling Princess
Goodwill Ambassador- Acid Survivors Foundation, India
We Care for Humanity G.O.D. Awards The Royal Kingdom of Sulu
Donna Stein is a long time activist for social and environmental justice. She was President of the environmental education organization NYC Friends of Clearwater for several years and now a current board member. Fracking and fossil fuels has been a major focus. Donna came to NYCFC to help with their 1st Annual Water Festival and stayed. She is here today to talk about the 7th Annual Water Festival.
Donna is active in NYC Safe Energy Campaign working on closing Indian Point, promoting renewable energy, and efficiency; Trade Justice trying to get the word out and stop so called trade deals which is really the biggest threat to our health, environment and liberties we are facing . Currently Donna works for Green Energy Times, a resource publication focusing on renewable energy and sustainable living.
Sunday Aug 23rd 2015 – Annual NYC Friends of Clearwater Festival 2 – 7 PM
This year’s theme is “Efficiency is Sexy!” Everyone appreciates solar and wind, but efficiency and conservation changes the conversation! – Celebrating the music and activism of RAY Korona. Free concert, wonderful Environmental educators and potluck!
Speakers: Marilyn Eile, Indian Point Safe Energy Coalition; Waldon Fishman, NY Solar Energy Society & Green Energy Times, Tom Wysmuller, International Climate and Energy lecturer; Tim Judscon, Nuclear Information & Resource Service, Tim Keating, Rainforest Relief; Friends of Ray; Ken Gale, NYC Safe Energy Campaign and host producer of Eco-Logic on WBAI FM
Musicians: Ray Karona Band; Ivice; Barry Kornhauser, Ellen Davidson and Gina Tlamese; Judy
Gorman, NY Metro Raging Grannies; Jeanny Hurwitz, Peter Pasco, NYC Streetslingers; Chris Land and others.
LES Ecology Center on the East River, park entrance on Cherry St
EDUCATE ♦ ADVOCATE ♦ CELEBRATE ♦ COMMUNITY!
Show off your cooking or bring something store bought to share for our potluck.
NEW YORK GOES GREENIN TIMES SQUARE REDUX! SUNDAY AUGUST 16, 2015
10 AM – 6 PM BROADWAY@42ND-44TH in Manhattan, NYC
IT’S ALL FREE! For info call 212 496-2030, or go to Ecofest.org
- The SEOTO (Sources of Energy Other Than Oil) Display includes alternative fuel vehicles that are suitable for New York City: hybrids, electric, biodiesel and ethanol as well as New York City fleet vehicles, hybrid taxis and the latest fuel cell vehicles.
- The Solar Powered Stage will host a variety of concerned artists who will provide entertainment for the public including The Dharma Bums, Guy Besserrete, the Solar Sound Band and R & B artist Al Smith. We will also welcome back Precise, environmental rapper, as well as the Great NY Tap-In for Clean Water with many of NY’s finest tap dancers.
- Activities for Children include Recycling Olympics, Eco-magic by “The Amazing Ken”, Face Painting by Marina environmental crafts supervised by Lillias, an art exhibition created by New York special needs children, judged by artist, Peter Max..
- A beautiful authentic Tibetan Sand Mandala created by the Venerable Lama Tenzin Yignyen, a close friend of the Dalai Lama.
- Explore delicious food and entertainment, green products, exhibitors, seminars and workshops on sustainability and energy efficiency!
Qigong in Prospect Park with Kathryn Davis
Saturday August 14th, 1 PM enter at Grand Army Plaza entrance
We will gather from 12 – 1 PM in front of the main public library at Grand Army Plaza and head into the part at 1 PM (if it rains class will be re-scheduled)
For information call: (347) 480-1694
Kathryn also offers private healing sessions at her Healing Space in Bay Ridge Brooklyn: 110 Bay Ridge Ave ( 2nd floor walk up):
Email contact and websites:
QigongOnLine.net – QigongOnLine@gmail.com