Wenonah Hauter is an activist, author and progressive policy advocate. She is the founder and executive director of Food & Water Watch, an organization that, under her leadership, has fundamentally transformed the national debate about hydraulic fracturing (fracking), energy and the environment.
Wenonah has three decades of experience campaigning and writing on food, water, energy and environmental issues. She has played leading roles in successful campaigns to ban fracking in New York, label genetically modified foods, protect public water systems from privatization and promote renewable energy. She has trained and mentored hundreds of organizers and activists across the country and worked at the national, state and local levels to develop policy positions and legislative and field strategies to secure real wins for communities and the environment.
Sesame Bok Choi and Snow Peas with Rice Noodles
1 lb. package of Thai Rice Noodles, cooked al dente
4 lg. organic baby Bella mushrooms
1 onion, cut into slivers
4 cups cut, washed and spun, bok choi
2 Tbs. chopped ginger
2 Tbs. chopped garlic
4 cups snow peas, cut on angle
1 t. corn starch
2 Tbs. aji mirin
¼ cup tamari
2 Tbs. dark sesame oil
1 t. hot sesame oil (optional)
¼ cup tahini
1 Tbs. chopped garlic
1- quarter size piece of ginger
1 Tbs. Mirin
1 t. hot sesame oil
¼ cup chopped peanuts
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions. Time it, so that the pasta is ready when the stir fry is finished.
2. Sauté the onions in olive oil until translucent.
3. Add the Bok Choi, ginger and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes at high heat.
4. Add the baby Portobello mushrooms, and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Make a mixture of the corn starch, the mirin and the tamari. Add it to the vegetables.
6. Add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Add the hot sesame oil if using.
7. Make the sauce in mini food processor or blender, by adding all of the ingredients and blending well.
8. Pour sauce on top of Noodles and toss well. Add Vegetables to rice Noodles and toss gently.
9. Serve immediately.