A study from 2014 showed that 99% of domestic terrorist plots in the US are aided in some way by the FBI; only 4 out of 400 were not FBI stings. And human rights groups found that the way the sting operations are conducted violate human rights. Sue Udry of Defending Dissent will speak about the ways these sting operations have been used to fuel hatred against Muslims. And to discuss the shooting and mass murder in Orlando, FL, Janaid Ahmad of Just International and Peace for Life speaks about the rise of homophobia and violence within Muslim communities because of Western influence and support for extremist sects such as the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia.
Welcome, to the radio magazine that brings you news, commentary and analysis from a Black Left perspective with your host Glen Ford and co-host, Nellie Bailey.
– The FBI has issued new guidelines for advising teachers who to look out for in terms of political dissent in the classroom. The FBI’s guidelines are mainly targeted at Muslims, but, according to Michael German, a fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice, the language could also be used to persecute almost any person or group that a teacher did not like or understand.
– In Inglewood, California, community members protested yet another police killing. 31 year-old Kisha Michael, a mother of three sons, and 32 year old Marquintan Sandlin, a father of four daughters, were shot dead by a police SWAT team, apparently while they were asleep in a car. Keith Jackson is an organizer with the Stop Mass Incarceration Network. He assisted the victim’s families in organizing this weekend’s protest.
– Virginia Sewell is the aunt of Kisha Michael, the mother of three who was killed by the Inglewood, California police. Ms. Sewell says the community is outraged.
– Donald Trump has caused sheer panic among establishment Republicans, many of whom claim they’ll leave the party if Trump wins the presidential nomination. But, how should the Black Left view the Trump campaign? We asked Dr. Anthony Monteiro, a member of the Black Radical Organizing Committee, which put together a conference on the Black Radical Tradition, in Philadelphia, back in January. Monteiro says both political parties are in trouble, and Trump’s rise is just a symptom of the crisis.
– This month marks the 15th anniversary of the historic United Nations conference Against Racial Discrimination, Xenomphobia and Related Intolerance, in Durban, South Africa. BAR editor and columnist Ajamu Baraka, a founder of the U.S. Human Rights Network, attended the Durban conference back in 2001. Later this month, Baraka will be in The Netherlands to lead a panel discussion at on the Durban process.
Gary gives you the latest in Health and Nutrition. Gary then discusses the latest news going on in the world and plays some great You Tube clips as well. Here are the two You Tube clips to enjoy.
YOU TUBE CLIP – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DZ8bbxd8U
TITLE: BEST DEBATE IN THE WORLD! @ University of Oxford. MUST WATCH!!!
One of the best arguments against people who claim Islam as a religion of war.
YOU TUBE CLIP – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghr-JMq1VT0
TITLE: Muslims Fail to Prove Islam is a Religion of Peace in Debate
Zeba Khan and Maajid Nawaz debate against Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Douglas Murray to try and prove that Islam is a religion of peace. Spoiler alert: they fail miserably, and that”s not just my bias, that’s how the audience actually felt. The only thing Zeba and Maajid proved was that they wish and hope that Islam will become a religion of peace.
Note: The only parts cut from the debate were the long introduction before the moderator first starts speaking and instances where the moderator repeated the name of the debate and all the debaters, which he did several times. You will see a cut at about 52 minutes in where Maajid is just finishing a sentence. Nothing that he said was cut. After he says “camp” the video cut to the audience and the moderator started announcing the debate information again.
Otherwise, even the questions and answers have been left in at the end.
Big Storm! Toss All Civil Liberties Overboard!
–Reactions to the attacks in Paris