Host // Kelly Brogan, MD
Wouldn’t life be easier if you just knew how to raise your kids? No endless hours on the internet, frantic calls to friends and family, expensive and tedious appointments with doctors and experts, stacks of books to collect?
There certainly aren’t many parents who can claim to navigate the challenges of family life and child rearing with the trifecta of wisdom, grace, and evidence-based research, but Sarah Kamrath is one of them.
Tune in to hear about her path to parenting from a space of inner knowledge, informed by her experience as a parent, researcher, writer, filmmaker, doula, and yogi:
- What is a parent’s most important parenting tool?
- What are top priorities for a healthy pregnancy and birth?
- What information is needed to avoid unnecessary interventions?
- Why kundalini yoga, what is it, and how did it change your marriage and parenting?
- How is your parenting different from what you read and see in the mainstream?
- Tell us about your goals and approaches for educating your children? How do they like it and how does it impact their social lives?
- What hopes do you have for humanity when it comes to parenting and family life?
Sarah Kamrath is the mom of two beautiful children, an evidence-based researcher with a passion for learning what makes children and families thrive, akundalini yoga teacher, a prenatal yoga teacher trainer, a doula, a writer, and a filmmaker on a mission to share invaluable information about pregnancy, childbirth, and your baby’s first year. She spent several years traveling and interviewing the top OB/GYNS, midwives, pediatricians, scientists, psychologists, anthropologists, childbirth educators, sleep experts and lactation specialists. She read their books, took their workshops, filmed the interviews, and compiled all of their gems of wisdom and expertise into a comprehensive childbirth video series called Happy Healthy Child. Her goal is for parents “to understand ALL of your options so that you enter this incredible time in your life feeling empowered and excited, not fearful and unprepared.” Read more about Sarah and her work here.
Kelly Brogan, MD is Medical Director of Fearless Parent and mom of two. She is board certified in Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, and Integrative and Holistic Medicine. Holistic living, environmental medicine, and nutrition are the bedrock of her functional medicine practice. She serves as medical advisor to GreenMedInfo, Pathways to Family Wellness, and Fisher Wallace. Kelly holds degrees from MIT and Cornell Medical School.