Amanda Oborne is Vice President of Food & Farms at Ecotrust. Amanda leads a team seeking to re imagine and re-regionalize our food system. By harnessing the purchasing power of schools and institutions, empowering midsize local farmers and ranchers, and developing infrastructure to connect the two, Ecotrust is helping build a resilient regional food economy that nourishes communities and renews the resources on which we depend. Amanda has a master’s degree in integrated marketing communications from Northwestern University, and spent 15 years in private enterprise before joining Ecotrust in 2010.
Mushroom Medley Stir Fry
1 lb. package of organic Brown Rice Spaghetti, cooked al dente
2 lbs. organic white mushrooms , cleaned and quartered
1 onion, cut into slivers
2-3 carrots, julienne
3 Portobello mushrooms
2- 8 oz. pk. of tempeh, cut into cubes
1 cup olive oil
¼ aji mirin
¼ cup tamari
2 Tbs. dark sesame oil
¼ cup peanuts
20 cloves garlic, chopped fine
½ bunch of broccoli
1 cup snow peas
¼ – ½ t. red pepper flakes (optional)
¼ cup or more of Fresh parsley or cilantro
- In wok, sauté mushrooms on high heat, in olive oil with 4 cloves of chopped garlic, until soft. Set aside in bowl. Wipe out wok.
- In wok, sauté carrots and onions, on high heat, in olive oil with 4 cloves of chopped garlic, until soft. Set aside in bowl. Wipe out wok.
- In wok, sauté tempeh cubes on high heat, in olive oil with 4 cloves of chopped garlic, until golden brown. Add tamari, aji mirin and dark sesame oil. Add the peanuts and sautéed mushrooms back into wok.
- Add the scallions and broccoli and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh parsley or cilantro, or a mixture of both. Taste. Add more Tamari or dark sesame oil to desired taste.