Grace Gershuny is widely known as an author, educator and organic consultant. In the 1990's she served on the staff of USDA’s National Organic Program, where she helped write the regulations. She learned much of what she knows through her longtime involvement with the grassroots organic movement, where she organized conferences and educational events and developed an early organic certification program for the Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA). A reformed market gardener, Grace still grows her own veggies and chicken in Barnet, Vermont. She currently teaches in the Green Mountain College online Masters in Sustainable Food Systems program and serves on the Board of the Institute for Social Ecology. She has a Masters in Extension Education from the University of Vermont, with a self- designed concentration in Ecological Agriculture. Doing business as GAIA Services, Grace works as an independent organic inspector as well as consulting for private and non-profit clients on all aspects of organic certification, developing related standards and certification systems, and training
Raspberry Cheesecake with Chocolate Drizzle
1 cups macadamia nuts
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup dates
1 pinch sea salt
2 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours
1- 10 oz. package of frozen raspberries
½ cup lemon juice
3/4 cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ pint raspberries- washed and dried
½ package of semi sweet choc chips
1. Pulse the macadamia nuts and almonds in the food processor until finely chopped. Add dates and
process until the mixture sticks together.
2. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 10”tart pan with removable bottom., and press up
along the sides. Use another finger to press down on the top of the side, to create an even flat edge.
3. Blend all of the filling ingredients in the food processor. Make sure to scrape down the sides and
continue blending until completely smooth.
4. Pour the filling mixture into the pie crust and put into freezer for 1 hour .
5. In double boiler, melt ½ bag of the chocolate chips with 1 Tbs. coconut oil. When completely melted,
put into a squeeze bottle for decorating.
5. Garnish the top of the cheesecake with the raspberries. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
6. Return to freezer, until ready to serve.
7 Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.