Jon Chin is an educator, poet, software engineer, 2nd dan blackbelt, and social entrepreneur.
He is the founder of Share Meals, an organization dedicated to ending hunger and isolation among students. His greatest concern is how to leverage breakthrough technology to address the human condition in new, disarming ways. His classrooms are often attended by laughter, sometimes so much so, that they’re asked to pipe down.
He is currently researching the intersection of English Education, natural language processing, and machine learning, to support better language learning in the classroom.
Roasted Curried Eggplant & Cauliflower
2 cups diced organic baby Asian eggplant
1 lg. organic onion, large dice
1 medium Cauliflower (about two pounds), cut into florets
1 cup diced organic assorted peppers
1 ½ cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed)
2/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 ½ tsp double concentrated tomato paste
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
2 ½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Put cauliflower florets, eggplant, peppers, onion and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, tomato paste, curry powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Pour dressing over vegetables. Toss to coat everything thoroughly.
- Next, spread vegetables out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Roast vegetables until tender and golden. Stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Taste vegetables and add salt if needed. Mix in fresh cilantro and serve