Progressive Radio Network, October 10, 2016 The evidence for genetically modified organism (GMOs) safety for human consumption and its environmental risks remains one of the nation’s most contentious, controversial and debated subjects. Throughout the world, governments, national health ministries and their populations have been led to believe that there is no reason to critically object to GMOs. American …
Welcome, to the radio magazine that brings you news, commentary and analysis from a Black Left perspective. I’m Glen Ford, along with my co-host, Nellie Bailey. Coming up: Low wage workers get ready to converge on Richmond, Virgina, for a national convention to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour; a Black political prisoner wins a long court fight against the State of Pennsylvania; and, Black people in the South American nation of Colombia try to forge a sustainable peace agreement with guerillas and the government.
The Injection Deception: Deconstructing the Science of Vaccine Efficacy
The Progressive Radio Network
On July 1st, California’s controversial SB 277 bill became law. The measure requires all school aged children to receive every mandated vaccine or be excluded from public and private classroom settings as well as day care facilities. Other than homeschooling their kids, parents who object to the full vaccination schedule are left with no options.
If millions of children throughout California will be forced by the state to receive over three dozen vaccines, we would assume these vaccines’ benefits are well established by scientific evidence. Unfortunately, just a cursory glance at the headlines in vaccine efficacy research from 2016 reveal this is simply not the case:
⦁ Fueling doubts about the effectiveness of the mumps vaccine was a 2016 outbreak among students at Harvard University. Incredibly, all of the 40 students who contracted mumps had been vaccinated for the disease. (1) The outbreak occurred despite attempts on the part of Harvard health authorities to isolate students who were suffering from the virus. (2)
⦁ The results of a study released in April 2016 raised more questions over the effectiveness of the flu vaccine. Researchers at the CDC and University of Michigan published a study in The Journal of Infectious Diseases showing that the efficacy of immunization seems to wane even over the course of a single flu season. The efficacy of the live attenuated flu vaccine was measured at only 38% among healthy adults ages 49 and under. (3)
⦁ CDC researchers made startling conclusions about the effectiveness of the pertussis vaccine in an article published in 2016 in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases. The study, titled Sustained Transmission of Pertussis in Vaccinated, 1–5-Year-Old Children in a Preschool, Florida, USA, examined the efficacy of the whooping cough vaccine in the midst of an outbreak in 2013 in Tallahassee, Florida. The study notes that 50% of all students in one classroom contracted pertussis despite all of them being vaccinated for the disease. As the authors put it, “This outbreak raises concerns about vaccine effectiveness in this preschool age group and reinforces the idea that recent pertussis vaccination should not dissuade physicians from diagnosing, testing or treating persons with compatible illness for pertussis.” (4)
Welcome, this is Black Agenda Radio, the radio magazine that brings you news, commentary and analysis from a Black Left perspective. I’m Glen Ford with my co-host, Nellie Bailey., here is a weekly hour of African American political thought and action
– Former Georgia congresswoman Cynthia McKinney says Black people have no stake in the Republican or Democratic parties. McKinney was the Green Party’s presidential candidate in 2008. She has since earned her PhD in Leadership and Change. We asked McKinney if she has ever seen anything like the current disarray in both major parties this election season?
– Political activists from around the nation are planning to be in Philadelphia, in late July, for the Democratic National convention. Dr. Anthony Monteiro is a native Philadelphian, a member of the Black Radical Organizing Committee, and one of the organizers of last January’s national conference on the Black Radical Tradition. Dr. Monteiro says this is the most “consequential” election season in, perhaps, a century.
– Rev. Edward Pinkney is serving a sentence of 30 months to ten years in prison for allegedly tampering with a voter petition in his hometown of Benton Harbor, Michigan. The mostly Black city has long been under the thumb of the Whirlpool Corporation. Rev. Pinkney spoke to Prison Radio on how he became a political prisoner.
– Studies show that Black girls are suspended or expelled from school at six times the rate of white girls. Education Week magazine spoke with researchers on the causes of these wildly disproportionate punishments. Adrienne Dixson, a professor of Critical Race Theory at the University Illinois.
– The United States seems to be closer to its long time goal of overthrowing the left wing government in Venezuela. The Venezuelans say Washington is gearing up for a military intervention. Utrice Leid, host of Leid Stories, on the Progressive Radio Network, recently interviewed Dr. Gerald Horne, a professor of history and African American Studies at the University of Houston.
Be sure to visit us at BlackAgendaReport.com, where you’ll find a new and provocative issue, each Wednesday. That’s www.BlackAgendaReport.com. It’s the place for news, commentary and analysis, from the Black Left.
America’s patrons of the theatric and visual arts, the lovers of film, dance and music, are among the nation’s most diehard advocates for liberty, self-expression, and art’s civil rights to challenge the failures and wrongs in the social and political status quo. During every decade, during every generation, many of our most memorable artistic achievements and performances are recognized as …
Over 2,000 scientists, medical professionals, authors and academics are on record that the “HIV-AIDS” theories, routinely reported to the public as if they were facts, are dubious to say the least. “It’s not even probable, let alone scientifically proven, that HIV causes AIDS. If there is evidence that HIV causes AIDS, there should be scientific documents which …
By, Gary Null, PhD and Richard Gale Febuary 19th, 2010 The American public is confused. They no longer know who or what to believe concerning the efficacy and safety of the H1N1 flu vaccine and, by extension, all vaccines. We have been told vaccines are not only effective and safe but are absolutely necessary to prevent widespread epidemics. Those …
By, Richard Gale and Gary Null, PhD January 27, 2015 Within the mainstream medical and scientific community there is an unassailable pseudo-truth that vaccines are safe and effective, whether administered individually or in combination. Within the vaccine injured children and autism movements there is also an unchallenged belief that vaccines are effective but not always safe. In this case, …