This show was on the Planned Parenthood Scandal and Amy James was my guest.
The host Cliff Stewart, Lisa Stewart and Lamont Banks talks to Our Special Guest Former Counsel Ron LeGrand to the U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD UNDER ATTACK!!!! We hear all about it from KATHY KNEER, head of California’s powerful Planned Parenthood organization, which runs more than 100 women’s health clinics throughout the nation’s largest state.
Kathy dissects for us the vicious attack being waged on womens’ medical services by right-wing fanatics. With control of both houses of Congress, the Republicans have finally passed anti-female legislation that goes far beyond abortion, denying women access to contraception and basic health care.
Kathy also tells us about the vile, cynical use of crudely distorted videos that undercut Planned Parenthood’s sterling reputation with the goal of ending this long-standing organization’s ability to provide basic services to women.
SHEILA PARKS also joins us for a discussion of the impact of electronically stolen elections on the future of women’s health care.
If you are at all concerned about health services for our nation’s females, do not miss this show.
On Friday, a gunman killed three at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado. Later, in explaining his motive to the police, he said “no more baby parts.” Last Monday, gunmen opened fire on Black Lives Matter protesters in Minneapolis who were demanding action against two white Minneapolis police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark, 24, an unarmed black man, …
The increase in nihilistic violence such as school shootings andFriday’s lethal assault on a Planned Parenthood clinic, the frequent executions of poor people of color by police, and the rise of thuggish demagogues such as Donald Trump are symptoms of the collapse of our political and cultural institutions. These institutions, which once made possible piecemeal and incremental reform, which sought to …
Americans are more at risk from violence by armed white Christian fanatics than they ever were from Muslims. Abortion clinics have been targeted for violence by fundamentalist Christians of a violent bent for decades. In 2009, Dr. George Tiller was relentlessly shot to death by Scott Roeder, who insisted that the good doctor was satanic because he performed abortions. Dr. …
Dr. Charlie Glickman (www.MakeSexEasy.com) is a sex and relationship coach, sex educator, and a sexological bodyworker – bringing to this program some fascinating areas for discussion. He and Dr. Diana looked at an important question: How do you reconnect with your pleasure? Dr. Charlie offered some great tips for sexual communication: talk when you are not having sex; talk on a car ride or on a walk (not being face to face can be helpful); say what it is you want. In general he advises: “Talking about sex is like preparing food…You have to get into the kitchen to give it a try.” Overcoming sexual shame was another topic. Guilt and shame are funny things…without them, some become sloppy and unmotivated. Yet with too much guilt and shame, folks can become at war with themselves. On his website, you will notice he offers a 30-minute consultation without cost. Part 2 will air on December 15th, and we’ll discuss prostate pleasure (his book is The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure), open relationships, and BDSM. Tune in, please!
IT is one of the central political puzzles of our time: Parts of the country that depend on the safety-net programs supported by Democrats are increasingly voting for Republicans who favor shredding that net. In his successful bid for the Senate in 2010, the libertarian Rand Paul railed against “intergenerational welfare” and said that “the culture of dependency on government …
The U.S. Senate has moved forward the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA)—legislation denounced by its many critics as “a surveillance bill in disguise.” With bipartisan support, CISA passed 83-14 in a procedural vote on Thursday. “The Senate just did a really bad thing,” Techdirt‘s Mike Masnick wrote Thursday, and offered a list of the senators he said “just voted to …
– New York officer killed after gunfight in East Harlem led to police chase. In addition to condolences to officer Holder, who was doing his job keeping this city safe, we need to know the origins of all the guns used in this incident. The Wisconsin case may have long arms.
– Police leaders join call to cut prison rosters. This is interesting, and includes NYPD Commissioner Bratton and Manhattan DA Cy Vance. More on this later….
– Assad makes unannounced trip to Moscow to discuss Syria with Putin. These two are united against US position that the terror war can be won without Assad. Problem is, anyone who opposes Assad is a terrorist, according to, guess, who?
– Republican voters, in focus group, express rage at career politicians. This is interesting only in that they somehow don’t think the people they support won’t end up being career politicians.
– Potential Speaker Paul Ryan just issued a list of demands to Republicans. The right wing isn’t happy. First question: Is the right wing happy about ANYTHING? Second question. This Freedom Caucus, the spear carrier for the right wing, numbers about 40. So does the Congressional Black Caucus. Has the CBC ever flexed its muscles the way the Freedom Caucus has?
– A big lesson American should learn from Canada’s new Prime Minister. The article says ranked voting is the lesson. Maybe the lesson is that properly focused, organized politics can really win.
– Pay up or go to jail: How a Mississippi town resurrected the debtors prison. While police and Das mentioned in earlier piece are looking at ways to decrease incarceration, maybe they need to get the State of Mississippi to start following the law.
– From Benghazi to Capitol Hill: Three years of accusations and investigations. Hillary’s getting ready to testify, and congressional committee Republicans are trying to figure out what and how they can something on her. Wanna bet they fail?
– House Democrats plot 2016 takeover. Great idea, and here’s hoping there’s some out of the box thinking from all involved.